participant organized Open Space-training, second installment

Peggy Holman peggy at opencirclecompany.com
Fri Apr 2 09:13:20 PST 2004

Michael,

A question comes to me whenever I think about doing OS training in this
fashion.  In fact, I remember discussing this with you on a subway train in
Berlin before you actually put the design into practice.

I get that learning to open space is a remembered skill and therefore
everyone has plenty of material to draw from once they see OS from this
perspective.  Even so, when there is little practical experience with open
space events, how do participants feel about getting the support they need?
In other words, I would imagine them wanting expert guidance, stories,
examples.  Does this need arise and if so, how is it met?  What, if any,
role do you find for "faculty" involvement as people who have practical
experience with Open Space events?  From what you have said, it isn't an
issue, but I'd like to understand how it unfolds.

With curiosity,
Peggy

Peggy Holman
The Open Circle Company