holding space

Pannwitz, Michael M mmpanne at snafu.de
Mon Sep 15 01:06:12 PDT 2003

Dear Tova and all you others that grief has struck,
travelling to the USA on a boat, two days before we reached New York,
JFK was assassinated.
The joyous and light spirit instantly transformed into bottomless
silence.
Later, just a few miles from where I worked along the Mississippi,
Martin Luther King was assassinated.
Grief caused fury and violence in its wake.
Then Olaf Palme.....Anna Lind...
And many, many more all over the world that stood up against
exploitation, dictators, war, censure.....fighting for justice,
democracy, peace, freedom of speech....
What is our way of protecting the good, you ask.
I have no answer.
However, I do experience joy, hope, peacefullness, laughter, hard
debate, action.....when in open space.
So, thats what I got, thats what I can do, take part in os-events
(this weekend in Berlin: Perspectives for Berlin, organized by the
Green Party) and stay alert to opportunities to facilitate os-events
(coming up: personnel development for university employees, voluntary
work in church organisations, intercultural dialogue in Berlin....)
So, in the meantime, I will stick to open space
Love and hugs
mmp

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 22:09:50 +0200, Averbuch wrote:

>Eva, Agnate S, Agnate F, Thomas, Eiwor - and all my/our dearest friends in
>Sweden,
>I want to stand there by you (even though somewhat late due to computers
>shifts). Hold warmth and love at your service in your grief.
>As a way of bringing my thoughts to you, the day of prime minister's Rabin
>assassination came to mind.It was too hurtful to believe too shocking to
>absorb. too soon, the wrong target. I believe this is also some of what we
>all feel when the good is so threatened, killed, defited.
>What is our way of protecting the good? I wander sometimes hopeful sometimes
>doubtful.
>again and again
>my love to you all
>Tova Averbuch
>Israel

Michael M Pannwitz
boscop
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelmpannwitz.de

An der E-Gruppe "openspacedeutsch" für deutschsprechende open space-PraktikerInnen interessiert? Enfach eine mail an mich.