holding space

Fr Brian S Bainbridge briansb at mira.net
Sat Sep 13 03:44:43 PDT 2003

Dear Agneta
Somehow, we feel the crying even this far away in Australia, especially
those who were with you all in Bramstrup.
Seems to me very important to be crying a deal - otherwise, we wouldn't
care I suppose.  And we do care - not just for the lady and her
influence and the issues she worked on, but also for the people and
family and futures she was dedicated to.
There has been much press attention here in Australia and lots of quite
personal stories.  Thank God for that.  For once, our press is acting
with sensitivity and concern - good values which I reckon your Foreign
Minister worked for over lots of years.
Thank you for sharing the crying with us a bit - without that, the grief
cycle wouldn't even get started.
Cheers and sad blessings,   BRIAN.

Agneta Setterwall wrote:
> Dear people of the list,
> Yesterday morning I put on my radio in exactly the moment when our
> primeminister told all Sweden that Anna Lind was dead. Until that moment
> the opinion was that she was badly injured, but that there was big hope
> she would survive. I spend all day listening to the radio, crying and
> cleaning my kitchen instead of writing reports as I should have done.
> When I cryed I knew you were there, and I knew mails would fill my inbox
> when I came back to cyberspace today. I know our lives are so fragile,
> and I know that I want to handle that in your presence.
> She was brave, she was honest, she was gentle, she was working hard for
> the best for us all, she was the mother of two young sons, 9 and 11.
> I am still crying
> Agneta Setterwall
> oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu, Visit:

Fr Brian S. Bainbridge