Conversing about..."the right conditions"

Elwin and Joan elwinandjoan at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 11 06:31:18 PDT 2003

Harrision-

Once again I sit here rereading your thoughts and as always whispering
"thank you"!

You are my Spirit; I am your Voice!

elwin

--- Harrison Owen <owenhh at mindspring.com> wrote:
> At the risk of confounding confusion, I find it most useful to
eliminate the notions of past, present and future, and concentrate on
Now. I don't think this is quite as hard as it sounds, indeed for me it
becomes a blinding flash of the obvious. We all know that the past is
"over" and the future "hasn't happened yet" -- so like it or not -- all
we have is Now (the present).
Then the question is -- How big is your Now? Is it big enough to
include everything that we used to call "past" and "future," or is it
just a tiny speck of a moment into which we frantically try a push
everything we want to accomplish???? And if the latter, then we have
the added agony about a past that is no longer available (memories) or
deep
anxiety about a future that always just ahead of us (dreams). When I
get it "right" my memories are always with me -- they just get richer
and deeper.
 And my dreams are not some inaccessible impossibility, but a very
present work in progress. Sometimes, of course, I lose it, space closes
and I am left with a frigid (or hot) moment  so small I can barely turn
around, and my fear becomes almost unbearable. At such a time, I find
several deep breaths not only useful, but essential. My space opens, my
now expands -- and life becomes possible, even if the details remain
the same.

Sounds pretty exotic and esoteric -- but I think such an expanded Now
is precisely the experience of Open Space. And to the extent that
millions of folks around the world have been there, it can't be all
that strange.

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com