SV: 6 new facilitators

Elena A. Marchuk marco at mail.nsk.ru
Wed Sep 10 03:20:18 PDT 2003

Thank you, Jo,
and it is really a great area, I know a women from US who came there and
couln't leave, so now she is a citizen of Russia and work in the non-profit
organization "Baikal wave"

you know, I've learned in Irkutsk, that if all the water of Baikal lake will
be frozen and cut into cubes with sides 1 meter, it would be enough to cover
the distance from North Pole to South Pole, and I was amazed.... but my
husband, who is mathematician said... you!, being economist! (and mixing
mlns with blns! (of roubles)) mix AS USUAL measures: the distance in between
North and South Pole is ONLY 30 thousand kilometres (his words, and I did
not check it, sorry) and the depth of Baikal lake is 1,637 metres in the
dippest part and the length of the Baikal lake is about 20 kms and the
wideness is about 6 kms, so it would be possible to cut cubes with the sides
of 1 km and to cover this distance!!!! Wow!

is anybody on the list able to check this figures?

from Siberia with love
elena
novosibirsk, russia