happiness

peter-sharon.scoffings peter-sharon.scoffings at ntlworld.com
Fri Sep 26 14:46:50 PDT 2003

Hi Alexander

What about a term that recognizes this, such as 'Work-contentment' or
'well-being at work'. For some their 'well-being' will be linked into
leadership & responsibility. Some would be prefer to take orders. Some will
want to share & openly contribute, others will be there to listen, some will
act on facts, some will be more creative/problem solvers etc, and so on....
It respects differences...Just what 'open space taps into!

And as you said Kerry ,' belonging means
being involved, participating in the key decisions affecting our
future'.

So if this leads to happiness/contentment, and happiness is holistic. Then
true happiness/contentment gives a sense of well-being.

A kind of inner calm. (to both individuals & organisations)

Maybe it is impossible to have total happiness at work (I used the term
contentment as it implies that there may be areas that are not totally
satisfactory, but things are progressing in a forward manner, and that the
positive things certainly out way the bad!)

Does this make sense?

Sharon.