Working in rural areas

Pannwitz, Michael M mmpanne at snafu.de
Wed Nov 12 10:11:50 PST 2003

Dear Jan De,
Agneta has already given you the lead to John Engles approach in
Haiti...its a very elegant way that probably would work wonderfully
also with literate people who dont care much about documenting stuff.
Allow me to ask: whose challenge is it  to produce documents?
Greetings from Berlin
mmp

  Hi,
  =20
  Working in Rwanda since 1995, using 'Appreciative Inquiry' since
1999 =
& got an introduction in working with Open Space last december, I
wonder =
how to work with Open Space in rural areas, where a lot of people are
=
illiterate and there are no means to use computer or any other =
electronic devise. Does someone have any experience in working
inrural =
areas, under the same circumstances and how can we proceed.
  =20
  Most of are partner-organizations are Community Based Organizations
=
(CBO), which work directly with local farmers. Local autorities are =
interested in these approaches (Ai&OST), but our main challenge is on
=
reporting. We're looking for ways to deal with this challenge &
asking =
locals to search for alternative ways of reporting and reproducing =
documents.

  Does anyone have experience with this issue?

Jetzt zur 3. Lernwerkstatt für open space-BegleiterInnen vom 25. bis 28. Januar 2004 in Vlotho anmelden, siehe:  www.michaelmpannwitz.de/o_lernwerkstatt2004.htm

Michael M Pannwitz, boscop
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany
FON: +49 - 30-772 8000   FAX: +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelMpannwitz.de