Fw: Fear and control (waxing lyrical)

Alan Stewart alan at creativestate.biz
Wed Nov 5 18:34:14 PST 2003

Re: Fear and control (waxing lyrical)----- Original Message -----
From: florian fischer
To: OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 10:29 PM
Subject: Re: Fear and control (waxing lyrical)

Am 04.11.2003 19:12 Uhr schrieb "Judi Richardson" unter <judir at accesswave.ca>:

  ... to see that my buttons can only be pushed if I have them in the first place.....

  You push my button
  I have a button pushed
  In my interaction with you, in our difference, I choose to have a button pushed
  I see I have a button to push
  I pushed my button in the interaction
  Noticing you, in your difference, liberates me!

  cheers

  Judi Richardson

thank you dear judi,

you are deepening the lesson about
the difference between
object language and percept language

recently that had been trained perfectly
in the workshop in berlin/potsdam
with sandra janoff and marvin weisbord
»facilitatiing the whole system in one room«.

a hug
florian

G'day All

Here is a song that seemingly complements these and other lovely contributions to this topic.

It's from my friend Lloyd Fell in Sydney and is one of a wonderful collection Lloyd has composed
and which can be seen on his website:

http://www.pnc.com.au/~lfell/songs.html#SECOND

THE SECOND-ORDER SONG
  This song [writes Lloyd] is also designed to de-mystify a complex topic - in this case a basic concept of second-order cybernetics. I like the quote from Heinz von Foerster: "Objectivity is a subject's delusion that observing can be done without him. Invoking objectivity is abrogating responsibility; hence its popularity."
  The verses are half-spoken in this song. I like to introduce it with a quote from Buckminster Fuller: "I seem to be a verb."
  If I'm doing something to it, it's an object
  To objectify existence is a must
  By discovering the objects all around me
  I know my world is something I can trust.
  (Trust! Trust?)
  But what if it is doing something to me?
  Have I become a victim of its way?
  Could it be I've given it my power?
  How come I don't seem to have a say?
  Chorus: Second order, second order,
  Second order singing is a song, song, song
  Second order, second order,
  Second order singing is a song. Repeat
  What is this that I am doing to it?
  Giving it its objectivity
  As if it was completely independent
  Of little, old, good-for-nothing, me.
  I do believe that I was its inventor
  Perhaps I only have myself to blame
  What it does and what I do are not different
  The action and the object are the same.
  Repeat Chorus

  With love

  Alan
  Adelaide

  PS Would you please note my new email address.