A duty to take part?

Douglas D. Germann, Sr. 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Wed Nov 5 17:56:57 PST 2003

Chris--

Thanks for the wonderful story. You always have a wonderful story, don't
you? <grin>

And I suspect that a good part of your work comes from your own activist
leanings if not overt actions--yes?

One thing I disagree with you on, Chris, is the notion that the group
"already has all the answers"--because I think having the answers is not
the optimal place to be. It is much better to have questions, and do you
know anybody who has all the questions?

Answers shut down the conversation. Questions are much more pregnant--and
open.

And probably no one has all the answers, even about a small question. The
trick is to get a lot of diverse views in the room, find all the answers we
already have, and then generate the tougher, more creative and generative
questions. Would you agree? How would you carry it further?

                              :-Doug.