OSLIST Digest - 19 Nov 2003 to 20 Nov 2003 (#2003-312)

Ralph Copleman rcopleman at comcast.net
Fri Nov 21 06:54:39 PST 2003

On 11/21/03 2:00 AM, "Automatic digest processor"
<LISTSERV at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU> wrote:

Julie wrote:

> I'm just trying to articulate the idea that
> maybe the expectation that the facilitator not engage is yet another
> something to let go of.  And if we let go of that, it becomes easier to
> imagine how to integrate the values of OST into all aspects of our
> lives.

I think you may have the sequence out of order.

Not engaging is, in my opinion, is not something "to let go of"; I think
it's more something not to fall back into.

I open space for people, in part, because I've learned that intervening is
not effective intervention.

So I stay out and let nature take its course.  Either I believe in
self-organization or I employ old habits.

Ralph

--
Ralph Copleman
609-895-1629