The Practice of Peace in Seattle

Harrison Owen hhowen at comcast.net
Thu Nov 20 13:01:07 PST 2003

115 people from 20 countries joined together in Open Space to explore
The Practice of Peace. It was deep, rich, and frankly overwhelming. You
might say shock and awe. The fact that a number of the participants came
from and/or work in the hotspots of the world, such as the Middle East,
Kashmir, Columbia - gave immediacy to what was already an immediate
topic. But their presence did not occlude the fact that peace is an
everybody, everyday concern. Peace in our schools, peace for ourselves,
peace for our businesses and organizations is just as critical, if not
as dramatic. The learnings were immense, and not to be adequately
described in this short note. All the reports are online at an
undisclosed  web location. at least undisclosed to me. But I am sure
that some one of my colleagues can provide the key (please :-)) Speaking
of colleagues and friends, I must mention two, Peggy Holman and Anne
Stadler who along with the good folks from Spirited Work - a five year
old intentional community living in Open Space - fielded the program.
Major work - well done. And held in a beautiful setting at the Whidby
Institute on an Island of the same name. And it will continue. A number
of the participants committed to hold similar gatherings around the
world, and I am sure notice will appear here online when the
arrangements are  complete. And in the interim, should you care to join
in similar programs will take place in New York, Jerusalem, Bethlehem
(probable), Chicago, and Swenmark (probable). Check out
www.openspaceworld.com <http://www.openspaceworld.com/>  for the
details.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, Maryland   20845
Phone 301-365-2093
<http://www.openspaceworld.com/>
To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives Visit: