Working in rural areas

Jan De Jandepelseneer at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 9 23:48:01 PST 2003

  Hi,

  Working in Rwanda since 1995, using 'Appreciative Inquiry' since 1999 & got an introduction in working with Open Space last december, I wonder how to work with Open Space in rural areas, where a lot of people are illiterate and there are no means to use computer or any other electronic devise. Does someone have any experience in working inrural areas, under the same circumstances and how can we proceed.

  Most of are partner-organizations are Community Based Organizations (CBO), which work directly with local farmers. Local autorities are interested in these approaches (Ai&OST), but our main challenge is on reporting. We're looking for ways to deal with this challenge & asking locals to search for alternative ways of reporting and reproducing documents.

  Does anyone have experience with this issue?