Participate online with the Practice of Peace, Nov. 9-12

Peggy Holman peggy at opencirclecompany.com
Thu Nov 6 08:52:50 PST 2003

As we have prepared for the Practice of Peace, November 9-12, many, many people expressed interest who aren't able to be with us in person.  Some asked for funding to come, others contributed to bringing young people and people from other lands, and some just had other commitments and couldn't be with us.  Whatever your situation, we are happy to say that there is still a way for you to participate.

There is now a link at www.practiceofpeace.com, labeled "Enter participant website" that takes you into the online environment we are using to report on the sessions taking place.  You can read what is happening as it happens.

On November 10, Open Space sessions will be posted.  Sometime that afternoon, no doubt people will begin entering notes.  You can contribute to the PoP sessions and you can also create your own sessions.  Directions to participate will be posted by Nov. 10 off the link at www.practiceofpeace.com.

And just to let you know, through generous contributions ranging from $5 to $1,000, 60 people donated just over $9,000 making it possible for participants from a local high school, Burundi, Nigeria and Nepal to come to the Practice of Peace.

See you online,
Peggy

P.S.  For those of you who like to push the envelope of interactive technology, we also have an experimental method to participate using audio and video. Details will be posted soon on the web site.

Peggy Holman
The Open Circle Company
15347 SE 49th Place
Bellevue, WA  98006