Poetry Contest

Ralph Copleman rcopleman at comcast.net
Mon Nov 3 07:24:09 PST 2003

Poet Laureate Joelle wrote

"Looking forward to see who comes."

Clearly, whovever comes are the right poets.

When we began this "contest" several years ago, we stipulated that all poems
submitted had to be connected in some way to open space.  This requirement
seems to have been dropped, and I am glad, since most poems are written in
the poet's personal open space anyway.

For those of you who do not like contests, please relax and bear with us.
People have suggested that we find another way to respond to these poems
without anyone having to "judge" them.  The "competition" is always loving,
never severe.

I am looking forward indeed!

Ralph Copleman