AW: Comments from the Sponsor of "2108"

Visuelle Protokolle mail at visuelle-protokolle.de
Sun May 18 04:35:31 PDT 2003

Yes, what Bernd says is true. But even more funny is how Italians deal with
this title of Dr.:: if they want to show you some respect the call you
"Dottore" or even "Professore", no matter wether you earned this titles or
not.

Reinhard

Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Best regards

VISUELLE PROTOKOLLE
Kuchenmueller & Dr.Stifel

Munich Germany

Tel: +49-89-202 447 48

http://www.visuelle-protokolle.de

Yes, it is funny
Germans and Austrians love titles.

I see it as a strange magical cult of my alpine tribe.
In Austria at least, the "Dr." is part of your name - by law!
So - theoretically - if you have this academic title (equivalent to the PhD)
but do not sign with "Dr. X", your signature is not valid by law. ;-)

Bernd

P.S. In Mozambique, where I live now, I met a funny version of the "Dr.
Cult" phenomenon: Everybody who put his feet into a university or its campus
seems to be called "Dr.X". So those, who need a differenciation, because
they got the academic title, write "Doutor X"