Silence and Breath and an OS tomorrow (Sat)

Lisa Heft lisaheft at pacbell.net
Fri May 2 17:09:04 PDT 2003

I've done OST with a mix of homeschoolers and Board members and others
where there was quite a bit of passion in the room including grieving by
the homeschoolers about how the school culture and policies are so
different from their own values.

All is well in Open Space.  Those who many not be familiar with the
method may not know but you do: Open Space *is* the activity.  To my
mind getting people right to work in Open Space allows everyone to heal
and grieve and discover and realize and share.

So in my experience at the closing you may well hear homeschoolers
saying 'this is the first time I felt listened to'; administrators
saying 'I used to think you were an adversary now I think you are a
partner', etc.  Gee, if they have to be reminded of anything I'd help
them focus on the children and young they both serve and the gifts that
learning brings to both teacher and learner...

My two school vouchers,

Lisa

L i s a   H e f t
Consultant, facilitator, educator