report from day one in weimar

Michael Herman mherman at globalchicago.net
Mon May 26 14:00:39 PDT 2003

  this came into the http://www.openspaceworld.org webmaster box
yesterday...

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 21:04:41 +0200
From: "PC04" <pc04 at ejbweimar.de>
To: <webmaster at openspaceworld.org>

Hello dear WEBMASTER :-)!
We are a group of 43 very enthusiastic people from all over Europe who
just met in the wonderful Weimar to experience OST. Michael Pannwitz is
with us here and he told us to share our enthousiasm with the OST
community - so we do! Attached please find a little note that we
produced on behelf of the whole group.
Looking forward to hearing from you and the OST international community!
Kind greetings,
OST explorers :-)

...with this attached...

Hello out there in the space,

we are just in the middle of an Open Space - how about you? We are a
group of 43 very enthusiastic people from all over Europe who just met
in the wonderful Weimar. Weimar is in Thuringia quite in the middle of
Germany. It is a town of about 50.000 inhabitants and most famous for
all the authors and musicians that used to live here. Maybe you know
Goethe and Schiller, Liszt and so on ...
Today is our first day to meet and the main objective of this training
is to get to know the method of OST. We have just started with finding a
common theme for an Open Space which we will start with on Monday. We
are quite curious because our theme will be: HOW TO USE DIFFERENCES TO
MAKE A DIFFERENCE? Sounds a bit abstract - hm? Cross your fingers for
us. But you can be sure to learn how it went, because some of us will
write to you each day until Thursday 29th of May.
Tonight we just had an international dinner with food and drinks from
all over Europe - delicious!!! (Yes, Thomas we also had sill, snaps and
caviar.) Doing this piece of writing we just saw that the team prepared
like eight crates of beer and lots of wine - so it seems there is going
to be quite some party tonight. Tomorrow might be hard and will be quite
different... J
Throughout this training we will have three different sessions on Open
Space. The first one with the mentioned theme is just to get to know the
method. The second will be an Open Space on Open Space and third we
ourselves will try to be open space facilitators.

We are very much looking forward to your support and inspiration J!

On behalf of the group
Marta (Poland)
Markus (Austria)
Mickan (Sweden)