An Invitation to a Very Special Gathering

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Tue May 13 07:51:36 PDT 2003

Please join with me and colleagues from around the world in an exploration
of our practice of peace for our selves, our organizations, and our world.
 From Haiti, Columbia, Palestine, India (Kashmir), and Israel -- all places
not known for Peace -- these people are on the ground opening space for
peace. This is not another training program. It is an opportunity to
explore and share our growing understanding of a powerful and effective way
to peace. Peggy Holman from Seattle is spearheading the effort. Her
invitation follows, which I hope you will accept.

Harrison

>Everyone,
>
>I am THRILLED to invite you to the PRACTICE of PEACE, November 9-12 at the
>Whidbey Institute, 1-hour north of Seattle, Washington, USA.
>
>What makes this so exciting is that in addition to Harrison, there will be
>colleagues from Israel (Tova Averbuch and Avner Haramati), the Palestinian
>territories (Carol Daniel), India ­ working in Kashmir (Arun Wakhlu),
>Colombia (Pablo Restrepo), and Haiti (John Engle) who are opening space
>for peace.  For an evening and 3 days, we'll explore peace within
>organizations, neighborhoods and communities, between factions of society,
>among nations and even peace within ourselves.
>
>This is an opportunity to be with seasoned practitioners from many lands
>who are opening space for a better world.  As someone who already knows
>the value of opening space, consider this a gift to yourself to deepen
>your practice.
>
>Here are the details:
><http://www.openspaceworld.org/peace/>http://www.openspaceworld.org/peace/
>
>Come join us.  I KNOW this is an adventure you'll always treasure.  And
>please, let your friends know.
>
>Peggy
>
>P.S.  There is a 25% discount for registration before August 1.  Help us
>build momentum for this AMAZING event by registering early.
>
>P.P.S.  Proceeds from the event will benefit the work of the Open Space
>Institute(US), Spirited Work and the Whidbey Institute.
>
>P.P.S.S. Among attendees, we envision youth and others with limited
>financial means who are drawn to participate. If you'd like to support
>their attendance,  contribute to our grant fund.  Checks can be sent to:
>
>Open Space Institute(US)/PoP Fund
>
>15347 SE 49th Place
>
>Bellevue, WA  98006
>
>To donate by credit card, contact Peggy Holman at
><mailto:usa at openspaceworld.org>usa at openspaceworld.org or 425-746-6274.
>P.P.P.S.S.  As long as you're coming, consider staying for Spirited Work's
>fall season, November 13-16.
>Spirited Work is an open space learning community engaged in
>cultivating  personal and collective capacity for the sustainable
>evolution of earth, spirit and the human future.  In its fifth year,
>Spirited Work meets seasonally guided by the practices of Open Space
>Technology and the Four Fold Way.  November is the Way of the
>Teacher.  For details, go to <http://www.spiritedwork.org>www.spiritedwork.org.
><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, MD 20854 USA
phone 301-365-2093