2108 -- I was there too!

Michaël - Syst michael at syst.nl
Sun May 11 02:08:54 PDT 2003

Hi Michael and Harrison,

We had the opportunity to talk a little bit in Wuerzburg, at the moment
I handed out my draft article about Constellation work and Open Space.

So I was there too, being an Open Space Facilitor as well as facilitator
of constellation work, and the last was the reason of the four day event
in Würzburg!
What I hoped for is that Harrison and Bert Helllinger would meet, since
you are doing the same kind of peace work. Did you?

The Open Space was great, I really enjoyed it! Many colleagues, who knew
I do also the Open Space work, came to me and were very exited about how
everyone could exchange ideas and felt creative and so on.
And: the management of the Open Space was great
.. Thank you Harrison
and Michael and the team.

I can imagine why Harrison and Michael reported about the 2108. Being
there it is so much energy to feel! Of course I participated in a number
of sessions, but I also spent time to walk there and just feel the
positive energy of all those beautiful people, working out ideas for
harmony and strength in families, organizations and nations. This was
the theme for the congress: "passion and responsibility in the heart of
the conflict."

One thing I have to mention:
Harrison said: "An "embedded" (shades of Iraq!) Open Space is always a
problem, and one that I would choose to avoid if possible. And a 4 day
conference is (for me) definitely too long. The fatigue level really
starts to rise. Having said all that I really can't imagine an Open
Space with greater spirit and flow than we experienced. That did
surprise me. I think part of it was, people had spent 3 days sitting in
rows in  darkened rooms, listening to speeches. Suddenly breaking into
Open Space was not unlike kids getting out of school."

In my view it was no “classical congress” where people had spent sitting
in rows in darkened rooms etc. Of course there were also speeches, but
the major part of the congress consisted of workshops, where mostly in
circles, constellations were done. And from this work, just as in Open
Space, you usually get more energy than fatigue. Because the form and
essence of Open Space perfectly connect to that of the constellation
work, at least a part of the story is that you had already an
enthusiastic group!

If they were fatigued, so many people wouldn’t have come to the Open
Space at the fourth day of the congress! The Open Space was at the
fourth day so that people could decide to go there the last day or not.
And far the most decided to do it! (I think 2108 out of 2400).

I have so many positive experiences these days in Wuerzburg, but it is
not easily told in words.
For me it was like coming home where constellations and Open Space meet!

I made some pictures too, so I will publish it on my website I provide
the link later to the list.

Greetings,

Michaël Molenaar
Systemisch Consult