OS and Community Forums on Universal Health Care?

Jeff Aitken ja at svn.net
Fri May 16 12:27:52 PDT 2003

Nancy: I imagine two (or three) ways to go, off the top of my head --

1. Open spaces with broad theme (such as, issues and opportunities regarding health care in Vermont) which lead to wide ranging dialogues on a variety of perspectives; which may lead to convergence upon a narrower set of directions and strategies to pursue. You might assume that universal health care would be one of those directions.

2. Open spaces with narrower theme (such as, issues and opportunities regarding developing universal health care) -- which leads to intense pro/con dialogues if you invite a wide variety of people, which is fine, or to

3. focused strategic dialogues if you invite the "pro" camp only.

These three ideas might be nested and iterative. It depends on whom you invite to the circle, how you shape the theme, etc.

Jeff