follow-up meetings

Jack Ricchiuto jack at designinglife.com
Thu Mar 20 04:44:01 PST 2003

Raffi, among tactical and other things, I coach clients on moving an "open
space culture" forward: assessing and cultivating the informal/emergent
organization - including especially the common spaces (locally and
electronic) where accidental conversations can thrive.  I also support the
organization's allowing and fostering more (scheduled) meetings where
participation is open, agendas are open, and there is intentional
integration of informal organization conversations into formal meetings.

An example the other day: coaching a design team in their work on being a
self-directed team, they liked the idea of posting a running agenda board
for their weekly meetings in a common space and invite people outside their
team to post items and participate in items as appropriate.  The key is to
soften the boundaries between the formal and informal organization - this is
essential to your question about follow-up.

thanks,  Jack

Jack Ricchiuto / 216.288.9431
web: http://www.designinglife.com/   blog: http://www.gassho.blogspot.com/