WAR IN IRAQ and other difficult realities

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Mon Mar 10 21:30:20 PST 2003

In a message dated 3/10/03 11:50:00 AM, englejohn at hotmail.com writes:

<< in addition

to opening my spirit, what else should i be doing? >>

I was moved tonight by your words, and Birgitt's.  And I was called back to a
conversation I participated in earlier today--the core message was that
perhaps even more important than what we do, more important than making a
significant statement, is the simple-but-not-easy act of being present
wherever we are, opening our deeper selves to what is happening around us.

I'm a strong supporter of the work you are doing in Haiti--I like the
assumptions on which it is based and the way it is carried out.  I also see
that you make a huge difference by being who you are, making your unique
spirit available to the world.

It's something I think we all touch on when we hold space for others to have
the conversations they are longing for.

Joelle