Glossary of Terms

Bernd Weber weberb at gmx.at
Fri Mar 7 18:34:47 PST 2003

Dear Ralph,

as far as I understand it, it is not "we", who define, if it makes a difference, but those, who will be in the function. So I think, the best ist, to go with the flow and use the words, which give the people of the specific (sub-) culture the right idea. I still have a related "problem", to find adequate words for the host, convenor,...in the central province of Sofala, Mosambik. So I agree, WE do not need to agree about the words used. But those who are defined by such words should have the chance to find their best word for it.

Bernd

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003 12:04:23 -0500, Ralph Copleman wrote:
On 3/7/03 9:38 AM, "Douglas D. Germann, Sr." <76066.515 at compuserve.com>
wrote:

> I have been using "Host" to be the equivalent of "Convenor" since it sounds
> more hospitable to me.

I alternately use host, convenor, sponsor, client, leader, organizer, and
others.  I understand the distinctions we can make among these terms, but
I'm not sure they are differences that make a difference.  In any case, I'm
not sure we need to agree about it.  Or about many of the other terms.

Ralph Copleman