convergence with "stickie dots"

WB-TrainingConsultingDevelopment wb-trainconsult at gmx.net
Thu Mar 6 21:48:45 PST 2003

Hi Penny,

no direct answer, but related.

I used the sticke dots techniques as a standard technique not only for ost-convergence processes very often in "new democracies" where people are especially sensible for how "voting processes" are (ab)used, e.g. Bulgaria, Cape Verde, Mosambique.
Very often the participants insisted to make anonymos "votes" (e.g. by turning around the flip-charts, by voting then one-by-one) and did not like the public dot giving at all. Their argument was, that it is evident, that there is a strong influence by opinion leaders exerted to those who do not feel so strong. So the latter have to be protected from the former.

Even when I tried to clear, that prioritizing, visualizing the actual situation etc. is not exactly voting, they still saw that influence thing going. I learnt to take care for such "sensibilities"

Bernd