Goodwill and community by Etienne Wenger

Chris Corrigan chris at chriscorrigan.com
Wed Mar 19 10:10:54 PST 2003

Well Doug, we do what we can, eh?

Peace is only impossible if we think it is.  The movements which have
halted most of the world going to war today (including, I'm pleased to
say, Canada) were composed of millions of people taking little steps
towards their preferred future.  One less day spent in front of the
television for a few hours marching in the rain, and suddenly we have a
movement.  And when millions do this in hundreds of countries, suddenly
war is not such a sure thing.

Also, despite the fact that world leaders don't read their email, I'd be
willing to bet that even a lowly subordinate would be hard pressed to
ignore millions of emails asking for peace.  If it doesn't change the
minds of Presidents, it may just introduce a measure of reality to those
near him.

Water is a powerful, powerful thing.  One small drop, applied many times
in the same place, can wash away a mountain.

Peace,

Chris

---
CHRIS CORRIGAN