first message

Artur Ferreira da Silva artsilva at mail.eunet.pt
Tue Jun 24 16:59:59 PDT 2003

At 02:45 25-06-2003 +0200, Averbuch wrote:

>Arthur - what does "Abracos" mean? how do you pronounce it?
>(promise to Tell you why I asked at your response)

Hi Tova

"Abraços" means "hugs" but is used in a more coloquial sense than in English.

it's pronnound (difficult question) as

A - muet A
BR - like iit would be in English
A - strong A, no equivalent in Engllish as far as I can think now
Cos - lihe the soung of distreSSES with the "e" replaced by an "u" like in
"put".

Hope this helps...

Wishes of peace for your region (each day more difficult, I am afraid)

Artur