everything i know about ost...

Michael Herman mherman at globalchicago.net
Wed Jun 18 11:35:52 PDT 2003

hello birgitt, thanks for your reading and questionning.

the article you mention is perhaps four or five years old.  i wrote it
when the .ORG site was first set up.  might not be perfect, but it
doesn't seem to have done too much damage in the meantime.  many i know
have used this article specifically as their marketing piece and i think
a good bit of it is quoted from things i've heard harrison say.  it's
also been translated directly into 10 or 12 of the languages that are
listed on our homepage now.  which is to say that there are indeed many
diverse views already represented in the .ORG pages and that the editing
you are talking about is no small task.  literally not one of us in the
community has all of the skills needed to make the changes you are
suggesting.  it's already that big.

that said, i am soon to post an invitation to come and do exactly the
work you are asking for, make space for all of the various viewpoints
that are passionate about and responsible for the practice of open space
in the world.  this will be an invitation to this whole community to
give collectively-developed shape to that which i and a few others have
started and nurtured over the years.  there is much new ground to be
covered and cultivated.

i am a bit worn out just now from the work of getting ready for this
moment, but as soon as i catch my breath, the invitation will be
launched, the space opened, and i hope you will be part of the community
that will gather to take our online self to new levels of organization,
clarity, peace and wholeness.  i am really looking forward to what will
grow together in these new spaces.

michael

--

Michael Herman