regional open space on open spaces

Gabriela Ender gabriela.ender at OpenSpace-Online.com
Sun Jun 29 22:35:13 PDT 2003

Dear friends and colleagues,

via this way I want to thank the organizer team around Jo Toepfer, the facilitator Michael Pannwitz, son of Michael M, and all colleagues who toke part for this wonderful 1. Berliner OSonOS! It was really great!

I want to share with you one aspect. I think, that arranging regional OSonOS´s is a natural self-organized development of the worldwide growing OST community. After my first regional experience I must say YES, this is a very good and important step in order to support a close colleague exchange in and around a region. It really feels different, when people say good bye after a regional OSonOS. Many new action plans were made, dates were fixed, and people are inspired to meet again soon without high costs. This event is an important step for the "Berliner OST Region" as the bridgde between West & East Europe!

I am writing this to you, because I see the local developments as THE result of our wonderful worldwide OSonOS´s.  Most of us, do not swim in money. It takes a lot of effort to travel around the world and to take a whole week in order to participate in the annual OSonOS. My concern is a bit, that if the dates of regional OsonOS´s are to close to the worldwide events ... it could have the effect, that some, especially the new OST colleagues around the world focused much more on the local events.

What do think about my suggestion, to arrange the local OsonOS events worldwide in a time distance of about six month to the international meetings? Could that be a possible "given" in our self-organized community? As a gift to the history of OSonOS and as an appreciation to the hosts of the worldwide events. I heard from Michael M, that Thomas, Eiwor and Gerdard, the organizers of the upcoming OsonOS have only about 22 registrations. I am very sure, that many more people will come, but I am thinking about a possible correlation between the Berliner Event and the upcoming bigger thing. I do not know .... it is just a thought.

And what are your thoughts, dear colleagues?

Thank you very much in advance!
With warmest greetings from Berlin
Gabriela