Non-ideal rooms any ideas?

Doris Gottlieb dlgottlieb at chello.nl
Fri Jun 6 23:47:02 PDT 2003

Hi,
I’ve been asked to do an Open Space at the closing meeting of the Women’s
International Network in the Netherlands.  Yesterday I went to the room that
they found and booked (not after I went with one of the sponsor’s to about
10 different rooms all of which were either, too expensive, too small, or
too far away (the only shame because we did find the perfect place for OST
in Amsterdam, but the boad was against it, it’s in a neighborhood with a
bad reputation

Anyway, the room they eventually booked is okay regarding it’s size. It has
2 pillar’s but they are in such a configuration that I was thinking I could
work around them. Yesterday when I went to see it I found out that we can’t
tape things on the walls or windows.

So I’m now trying to figure out a low cost way to create the News and Agenda
wall, does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, this meeting is going to take place during their final meeting for the
season which is planned as a dinner. There is going to be a buffet open for
the duration of the meeting that people can go to and get food.  But the man
from the organization keeps telling me that I should have tables so people
can eat. He suggested several round tables be placed in the area where we
will have the subgroup meetings. My personal feeling is that it’s not such a
good idea, but I also don’t like the idea of people struggling to eat as
they go through their subgroup meetings, balancing dishes and drinks on
their laps.  I’m feeling very nervous about this, can anyone help me in
making my decision as to what is the most wise thing to do?

Thanks
Doris Gottlieb
oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu, Visit: