Reminder: Early registration for Practice of Peace, Nov. 9-12 ends August 1

Peggy Holman peggy at opencirclecompany.com
Fri Jul 18 11:08:29 PDT 2003

Friends,

If you've already decided you're coming to the Practice of Peace, Nov. 9-12, outside Seattle, WA, that's great!  This is a reminder that registering by August 1 gets you a 25% discount.

If you're not yet sure, here's another enticement.  In addition to our participants from around the world, John and Gladys Johnson have graciously agreed to join us, bringing their experiences of opening space in U.S. urban communities.

If you don't recall what this is all about, here are the details on this amazing experience:

http://www.openspaceworld.org/peace

THE PRACTICE OF PEACE:
Addressing Chaos, Confusion, and Conflict in Organizations, Communities, and the World

Join HARRISON OWEN and colleagues working in Israel, the Palestinian territories, Kashmir, Colombia, U.S. urban communities, and Haiti who are opening space for peace.

The dates:    November 9-12, 2003

The place:     Whidbey Institute, 1-hour north of Seattle, Washington, USA.

What makes this so exciting is that in addition to Harrison Owen, originator of Open Space Technology*, there will be colleagues who are working in Israel, the Palestinian territories, Kashmir, Colombia, US urban communities, and Haiti who are opening space for peace.  For an evening and 3 days, we'll explore peace within organizations, neighborhoods and communities, between factions of society, among nations and even peace within ourselves.

Whether your focus is business, media or something else entirely, chaos, conflict and confusion are no doubt present.  I promise you that this gathering will be a place of diverse, rich and unexpected conversations, insights, and connections. This is a very special opportunity to discover the useful and unexpected for yourself.

Fees:
There is a 25% early registration discount by August 1. Payment is due in full to reserve your space.  Help us build momentum for this AMAZING event by registering early.

Rate for attendees with organizational support: $750.
Non-profits and individuals without organizational affiliation: $450.
Students: $350.
To Register, visit http://www.openspaceworld.org/peace or contact Toni Petrinovich at 360-293-2853 or sacred at anacortes.net

Learn more about the conference and the invited guests at www.openspaceworld.org/peace.

Proceeds benefit the work of the Open Space Institute (US), Spirited Work, and the Whidbey Institute.

Please forward this invitation to interested friends and colleagues. I hope to see you at the Practice of Peace!

Thanks,
Peggy Holman
Open Space Institute(US)

P.S. Among attendees, we envision youth and others with limited financial means who are drawn to participate. If you'd like to support their attendance,  contribute to our grant fund.  Checks can be sent to:
                                                                               Open Space Institute/PoP Fund
                                                                                15347 SE 49th Place
                                                                                Bellevue, WA  98006
To donate by credit card, contact Peggy Holman at usa at openspaceworld.org or 425-746-6274.

P.P.S.  As long as you're coming, consider staying for Spirited Work's fall season, November 13-16.
Spirited Work is an open space learning community engaged in cultivating  personal and collective capacity for the sustainable evolution of earth, spirit and the human future.  In its fifth year, Spirited Work meets seasonally guided by the practices of Open Space Technology and the Four Fold Way.  November is the Way of the Teacher.  For details, go to www.spiritedwork.org.

*For those of you who are unfamiliar with Open Space Technology, it is a self-organizing practice of inner discipline and collective activity that releases the inherent creativity and leadership in people.  By inviting people into a circle and encouraging them to take responsibility for what they care about, Open Space establishes a marketplace of inquiry, reflection and learning, bringing out the best in both individuals and the whole to accomplish something meaningful.

Peggy Holman
Open Space Institute (US)
15347 SE 49th Place
Bellevue, WA  98006
425.378.8331 (fax)
425.746.6274
www.openspaceworld.org

To subscribe to the open space listserv,
visit http://listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html