Continuity of week-apart sessions?

Laurel and Rick laurick at telus.net
Mon Jan 27 08:27:09 PST 2003

Hi Doug,

I like the idea of the newsroom wall "staying" up after the first event and
growing with each subsequent conversation (of course, you'll likely have to
take it down between events, so it makes set up a little more
labour-intensive.  Another option is to produce a mini-book after each
mini-event and have copies on participants' chairs when they arrive - but
this is more costly and uses lots of paper.)

The reality with healthcare work (ie shiftwork) is that
you almost always have to have a couple of event opportunities in order to
allow all who want to attend to show up - I think your vision of one event
in three time slots is a good one - and healthcare workers are used to
having to make this type of accommodation.  Another argument for keeping the
theme from event to event is that folks attending will "butterfly" in the
healthcare community, so people may arrive at the 2nd and 3rd events with
some very deep thought on the theme, having had some time to mull it over,
even if they were unable to attend the previous sessions.  In fact, no
matter what the theme, people will certainly talk about what matters to
them.

Best,

Laurel.