OS Step 2 / Democratic Party - Internet - New Technology

David Rupley, Jr., MD(H) dcrupley at bigplanet.com
Mon Jan 20 20:07:50 PST 2003

Alan and fellow list members,

I have been a very quiet voyeur since my participation in OS on OS in
Chicago.  As a intensely disgusted Republican, I have been reading this
thread with interest.  My cynical side wonders if there is hope for either
party, and liked the idea (from Peggy?) for a new party.  And yet, this same
cynicism/pragmatism suggests that we are fairly wed to the two party system
and Bush seems to be too powerful leaving no real room for choice.  My wife,
a Democrat, points out that this same circumstance occurred resulting in
FDR's nomination, a former Republican from a Republican family, as the
Democratic candidate for President.  This gives me hope.

It seems to me, from the above perspective, the opportunity lies in taping
the passion of the cynics and drop-outs from the political process as well
as the disgruntled Republicans to a New Democratic Party.  OST certainly can
help with the community building and clarification of the message.

Dave Rupley
dcrupley at bigplanet.com