OST and the legacy of education

daniel lebelland at paradise.net.nz
Sat Jan 18 11:50:01 PST 2003

okay        i am thinking about the bread and cheese story and the question
which asks who will bring it and i am thinking it could be me........
bread the staff of life, grain the staple
so what is it that is constant and runs through out all the reflections and
questions and mysterious invisible quality around this OS ( and the ways
which paralell with so many other fields-read unschooling- and maybe even
everything)
and i think it could be to do with something that sort of can move freely
through and across all phenomena
yes!  and that could be bread! ( or grain at least)
all cultures have a version of it
wheat/rice/corn/barley/oats/millet etc seem to have been very succcessful at
colonizing great /vast tracts of the planet
and the subtle image of the breaking of bread and sharing
could represent the physical taking in of a common vibration.  Then of
course,  there's water and that's a common resonance.  Oh well,  it turned
out to be not so simple after all.
That Online thing was great.  I think something significant happened there.
An entire session convened without anyone person even being able to decipher
the topic.
The majority of the participants being there to make sense of it.....
So within OS practise there seems to exist a functional tool for Opening
Space.  Period.
That I think is a wonderful and powerful thing.

Perhaps choosing whether to focus on the whole or the particular is useful.
I know that I was programmed for single minded head down, alone at my desk
fixation on the particular.
OS smells like freedom.