Learning at Spirited Work about spirit, money and our material needs

Chris Corrigan chris at chriscorrigan.com
Wed Jan 15 08:42:19 PST 2003

Maybe it's the fact that we share a bioregion here on the west coast of
North America, but a group of us are in the very early stages of
planning an Open Space learning community here on Bowen Island near
Vancouver.  The recent spate of posts from our Spirited Work neighbors
at Whidbey, on an island 150 miles south of ours, have inspired quite a
bit of interest here and are very much framing the conversation on
Bowen.

For us, we have begun with an OST event for our whole island community
and a two day training which included three people from our community.
We have a place to work that seems to need us as much as we seem to need
it, and the fit grows better every day.  The next step I think is
crafting an invitation, sending it out to interested folks and seeing
what happens.

So if you are within striking distance of Vancouver, Canada, and you'd
like to hear more about this project and maybe get invited to
participate, drop me a line off list.  We intend to be in touch with SW
folks that I know (Hi Gabriel, Michael, Peggy, and Anne!) for ideas and
"go for it" type support, and we'll be reporting to the list and no
doubt through other internetty means on our progress.

So if anyone else is thinking of starting up a learning community in OS,
let me know.

Cheers,

Chris

---