Help with idea/Democratic Party - Internet - New Technology

mike mike at cop.ufl.edu
Sun Jan 12 13:13:28 PST 2003

Alan Silverman's idea rang a bell with me.  After the 2000 election I
wrote a letter to Al Gore suggesting that he sponsor an Open Space
in each of the 50 states over the next 1-2 years (perhaps one each
weekend) in order to put together a "vision" for the future of
America based on what the people really want.  I thought Open
Space technology offered a great way to do this.  I also thought this
activity would generate a lot of public and media interest that would
help the Democratic Party and Mr. Gore, as well as the future of
Open Space.

After the last election I thought the idea was even more important.
The Democratic party seems to have lost touch with the people and
needs to regain it.  What better way than by using Open Space
Technology.  Alan's idea of getting prominent individuals to take
the lead in this is probably the best way to get the word out.  Using
the Internet as a medium here could get even more people directly
involved than I previously thought possible.  Maybe others on the
list have ideas to add and contacts to bring this concept to the
attention of Party leaders.  I hope so.Michael A. Schwartz
College of Pharmacy
University of Florida
Box 100496, HSC
Gainesville, FL 32610