Learning at Spirited Work about spirit, money and our material needs

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Fri Jan 10 12:16:44 PST 2003

Thanks for sharing this interesting story of SW learning and building a new
relationship to money and funding issues.  I've been involved in a few
projects where we started and ended with no money, and in between were able
to find everything we needed to make our project a success--it is a very
freeing experience.

I've had a Radiant Bank project of my own, which started when I received an
unexpected gift which I did not want to spend on everyday expenses.  The
money has been used a number of times for small-business loans and bridge
loans to various individuals, and it has always returned.  I've also been a
part of a group which, among other things, has made small donations for
twenty years to a fund which makes small loans to students at the local
community college.  The program operates with very little paperwork or
structured requirements, just quietly seeing to it that students have what
they need to enable them to stay in school.

Anyway, it is great to see some new models for relating to money and abun
dance in a healthier and more equitable way!

Joelle