Storytellig story

Avner Haramati avnerh at inter.net.il
Sat Jan 18 04:59:13 PST 2003

To the list members who are interested in the results of the storytelling around the fire:

Thanks to your contribution, we were more confident what to do in our first experience.
190 people were seating on mats around a big fire in a smal resort in the desert, and told the stories of the organization.
The elders began with the stories from the early days, and the other followed. Many of the old stories were about the simplicity, daring,commitement and innovation of young village boys (from the Kibuts) that surprise the international world. Actually the griefwork continued all of the next morning with the biggest group of people and at the same time smaller groups in the surrounding areas were dealing with practical issues of the future. (most of the groups were scattered all over the compound.
The 2 days open space that followed were a success ("of course" - Harrison), a miracle in the words of the CEO and he added that 3 years ago they received a thick report from " " (a famous international strategic company) that costed 1.5milion$ and could implement a little. Now we produced something much better in the cost of 1 page of their report, and it seems that we can implement it all.

Thank you again Michael, Viv, Joelle, Robert and Joan for your sugestions.

Avner & Tova