Bold Idea Progress Report

David Smith imaginac at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jan 13 19:30:06 PST 2003

Dear OS community,
I have been amazed and encouraged by the incredible and incredibly rapid response to my 'crazy' video idea.
Thank you to all who have corresponded either via the list or to me personally.
So far I have definite pledges from 13 people from 11 countries totalling US$2600, plus many more offering accommodation etc.
I have now written my application for a Churchill Fellowship and am waiting to receive referee reports to accompany that. I will soon write up a more detailed concept - though not a detailed script - for the project and begin to formulate an itinerary. It looks as though I will travel from early September and the intinerary will try to include key events such as OSonOS where possible.
I am more confident than ever that the approach I used for videoing OSonOSinOZ is the right one - it's a very OS way to get things done and I believe it will lead to a refreshingly different 'look and feel' in the final program/s!
Enough for now, but thanks again.
David