SV: OST and training in "Facilitating Virtual Communities"

Thomas Herrmann thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
Wed Feb 26 13:46:27 PST 2003

Dear Artur
Thanks for bringing this up. I also thank everybody else for the marvellous
ongoing dialogues, I am a bit sad because I just can´t find the time to read
and contribute. I would really like to do that more!

I use virtual forums in some of my Open Space projects although I have not
facilitated any trainings for online facilitators. I agree with Larry,
Gabrielas solution is great.
I have arranged three Online conferences using OpenSpace-Online and it
worked very well. If you haven´t yet, have a look at
www.openspace-online.com

I am also working with combining physical OST and virtual forums which in
fact works just like OST - the principals and the law are there. I have
identified a number of important things to make it work but still the
project I am involved in right now has yet not gone "hot". I assume people
use their feet:-) The lunch-lunch OST was very exciting but so far there has
not been much activity on the forum, but we´ll see further down the road.
The next physical OST with convergence is scheduled for May. The project is
about finding areas for cooperation between 6 public organizations
(national, regional and municipal).

The virtual forum I use in these projects is a very simple but nicely
working program developed by a businesscontact who is a researchmanager in
the local University. He has developed a lot aroung collaborative learning
communities. I could get you into contact with him, if you like.

Well, I´m off for a OST conference the coming two days. Politicians and
youth working out the new "highschoolsystem" in Sweden.
Regards
Thomas Herrmann