Does advance notice matter?

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Tue Feb 25 10:45:32 PST 2003

Alan--

I usually have clients include the general theme of the OS in the invitation
they send out.  And I sometimes include a couple of questions which help to
establish the territory we will cover--but not usually the main question
which is asked in the opening, as I know that we may change our minds about
the exact focus as the time comes closer.  I might try to find a couple of
sample questions which expand the territory a bit beyond what people expect.

I can appreciate your concern about how to encourage spontaneity.  My
observation is that people who want to post a session are not much deterred
by how I have framed the question; the issues which want to come forward will
come forward, whatever I say is the theme.

Not sure how much this helps, but I am sure you will be able to find what is
appropriate.

Joelle