Givens (was: Already-thereness, Empowerment and Such)

WB-TrainingConsultingDevelopment wb-trainconsult at gmx.net
Tue Feb 25 06:43:42 PST 2003

Has nothing to do with open space,
just a note for science-metaphor using freeks:

Chris,

I like your argument
but your example is only good in the sense of a metapher.

f you look at the real history of technology, the Wright- brothers' (and other genial technical engeneer's) approach was not the one you described. Yet they flew.
The point is, that you forgot that there was another fact-or in the game
you unduely reduced complexity
Air: they did not invent ballistic rockets (for which your argument would be right)
But they used aerodynamics against gravity in their art (greek: téknè) of flying