Fwd: Re: [OSLIST] Givens (was: Already-thereness, Empowerment and Such)

WB-TrainingConsultingDevelopment wb-trainconsult at gmx.net
Tue Feb 25 06:37:09 PST 2003

Artur,

I do not think it is minor
at least not from the (my) point of view of a consultant for living organizations and their members.

Because the SOLUTION SPACES
which your client will explore
(sometimes on your advise)
will have to be quite different ones
if we are dealing with "things we know of" in the sense of
* "laws of physics"
* "frame-conditions" (contexts of specific situations)
* " (hu)man made laws"
* laws of correct thinking (logics vs. YIN/YANG for ex.)
* individual paradigmas and basic beliefs
* (are there others - I really would like to have a typology of givens at hand!)

in the first two cases we need cause-effect analytical logical thinking
and experts

in the latter cases such approaches will not help at all

Besides that (Artur's) NOW
seems to be more expanded in the first case
(these laws are quite longliving ones)
only applyable as long as the specific situation lasts (in the second case)
lasting for the time of the actual power beeing in charge (in the third case)
lasting for several hundreds of years in the 4th one
changing one or two times in a lifetime in the 5th one

I already commented why we should be quite careful
with the use of physical metaphors
and better not forget about the metaphor export process

So this is an illustrative example

Let us not forget
Mulah Nasrudins significant story
of the drunken guy