Re (long): [OSLIST] Already-thereness, Empowerment and Such

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 18 07:03:06 PST 2003

At 12:21 PM 2/18/2003 +0000, Artur wrote:

>I know that there are some people that don't agree with your new
>"self-organizing" ideas. I suspect that they see a contradiction between
>those ideas and a "guiding force" that controls everything, or something
>like that. But I do agree that self-organizing concepts and an emergent
>order do happen in OST. But for me too there is also a contradiction but in
>a different place. Fortunately this last post of yours gave me a clue for
>understanding where the "divergence" begins.

Welcome back Artur! I knew we would smoke you out sooner or later. As for
this God business, I guess it can be a problem, but I don't think it has to
be. For those who find a divine presence in their life experience (and I am
guilty), there still seems to be plenty of room for looking at the guiding
principles/forces which are operative in the cosmos. Thus, one might say
that God created life, but that notion by no means eliminates sex from the
equation. And if God/divinity is not part of your experience, that's OK
too. But in either case, I find the Self-organizing system story/theory to
be very convincing in that it offers (me at least) a coherent explanation
for what otherwise seems quite inexplicable -- including the "fact" that OS
works when most everything we have been taught and practiced says it shouldn't.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, MD 20854 USA