1. Anecdote 2. Request

Birgitt Williams birgitt at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 3 07:35:24 PST 2003

Ah Ralf,
there are as many perspectives on "training" as there are on length of time
for a short OST meeting and still calling it OST with space truly being
opened. Learning the mechanics, the form of OST can be done in a very short
time frame and I note many are offering this for 2 days or less. Learning
the essence takes a lot longer, maybe a lifetime. I advocate for training
that provides an experience of an OST meeting, learning the form, a chance
to explore the essence, and learning how to work with OST for maximum
benefit in the ongoing life of the organization. I have not, to date, been
able to do this in less than 3 days and usually take 4. I also believe in
the benefit of the sleeps in between the days as a way to assist in
integrating the learning. So...if real integration is wanted, I recommend
the formula of 4 days which is also what Harrison used for years.

Blessings to you,
Birgitt