Deatchment, going deeper, outcomes etc. etc.

Eddie Palmer eddie at palmer4421.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Feb 21 01:04:50 PST 2003

Dear List

Have read offerings during the last week with interest, and have enjoyed the
contributions, as usual,from Michael, Chris, Birgitt etc (and look forward
to seeing everyone in Denmark!).
I was struck this week by going to see two possible, and now certain,
sponsors of future events this Spring, both from non-profits, our usual
sector of work, and both people who were 'Open Space graduates', that is
they had been through an OS, and also read and asked about it. The world
gets better!
The discussion was on a different level - not 'shall we do it?', but 'we
want to do it with you, and we want this sort of experience'.
The meetings were a delight, and much more relaxed, and both persons (both
women, and both mature people), knew that they wanted to get down to a
different level, but conversely, were not too attached to the outcomes -
participants needed to have a certain sort of experience. In fact one event,
in Edinburgh, might be on two sites run in parallel at the same time, for
what I think are good reasons. You might be interested, for those of you who
know Edinburgh, that it will be in the Old Town, near to the part destroyed
by fire in December (now known as the Great Fire!).
The club and bar owners want to rebuild in the same way, the local people,
(and people do live there), want something different - something better. The
idea for an event was born sometime ago, before the fire, and is around
general community development for the area, including buildings.Should be
interesting!

Eddie Palmer
Open Futures
Edinburgh