are we there yet.

daniel lebelland at paradise.net.nz
Mon Feb 17 15:31:08 PST 2003

Dear Bernd,

on OS listserv postings bloggs whatever

i watch and wait and see and read and feel often
overwhelmed by the vigour and resilience of this process
thoughts ideas that appear
flicker
across my screen

this one however
deserves  my special mention
just for the pure joy
it arouses in me
....................opening space in the void

especially this bit
>>one of the stronges cultural norms in our (globalized occidental) culture is logical thinking. It is assumed. Worse: it is a conditioned reflex. Who of you would be able to give an immediate answer to the question: which are the four logical axioms? O suppose only people with philosophical specialization. Nobody teaches and reflects on logics at schools for everybody. Nobody learns logics at school. But everybody uses it. Logical thinkin is a MUST without beeing tought. Isn't that remarkable?

In China and Japan the Tao "logics" (Yin-Yang, Tao-Te-King) is taught even to the little ones at school. So they can select and decide, which one to apply. We can not. So we are interculturally a lot more handicapped than they are. Because we can not reflect about something we do not have the words for.<<
Perhaps we need not concern outserves with a sense of having arrived.  Perhaps therein lies a suggestion of completion or closure.
In the immortal words of William Burroughs
" What are we here for?..................................We're here to go!"
Indeed!
Daniel.