John Perkins workshop (near Seattle)

Jeff Aitken ja at svn.net
Tue Feb 4 10:21:31 PST 2003

John Perkins is an old friend and longtime OST facilitator, so I think he
deserves one free ad on OSLIST, even tho this workshop doesn't specifically
cover OST. -- Jeff

You're Invited to Attend the February 24th Pacific Northwest Organizational
Development Network (PNODN) Member Meeting. Topic:
 CONSULTING WITH NONPROFIT ORGANIZATIONS: WHAT'S THE BIG DIFFERENCE?
 Presenter: John Perkins, Ph.D.

money"? What about universities, foundations, hospitals and professional
member associations?  When you remember that Harvard, the Gates Foundation,
Group Health Cooperative and the Organization Development Network are some
of the 8 million nonprofit organizations in the country, you see that
poverty is not a defining characteristic.

 But, nonprofit organizations are not the same as their for-profit
counterparts.  They differ in their:
   * sources of legal powers
        * organizational missions and purposes
   * staff motivation, and
  * decision-making structures and procedures.

 Organizations from every sector are partnering in innovative ways. As
consultants, we are sometimes called in to help. We can benefit from having
an understanding of how each sector differs from the others. In this
interactive workshop, come compare and contrast how each sector functions
and what the differences between the sectors imply about the practice of
consulting.

 About the Presenter: JOHN PERKINS, Ph.D. is a Solution-Focused Consultant
and a founding partner of Keep the Change. He has a B.A. in Economics from
Amherst College and a Ph.D. in Organizational Change from Union Institute.
Safeco Insurance Company awarded him a Rudy Award in 1994 for his ability
to "cut through the fog and get the job done." Keep the Change Press
released his latest book, Get Off the Dime!-Courageous Board Governance
Through Sensemaking, in October 2002.
 DATE:        Monday, February 24, 2003
   TIME:          6:00 pm -   Connections, Conversations & Light
                   Refreshments

                   6:30 pm -   Convene and  Program
   LOCATION:  The Community Center at Mercer View   COST:        $5
Members, $10 Guests

 RSVP wanted. Please send RSVP email to info at pnodn.org with attendance, pay
at the door.
 Follow this link to learn more and get driving directions:
 http://www.drizzle.com/~newroots/02-24-03pnodn.html
 John

--
 John E. Perkins, Ph.D. Keep the Change
 newroots at drizzle.com
 NEW! From Keep the Change Press...
 Get Off the Dime!-Courageous Board Governance Through Sensemaking
 Find excerpts and ordering information at our website:
 http://www.drizzle.com/~newroots/book.html