New member

Pannwitz, Michael M mmpanne at snafu.de
Tue Dec 16 04:04:41 PST 2003

Dear Dominique,
I am forwarding your post to a colleague in Vauvert.
He is also fluent in German which encouraged him to sign up for the
Third Annual Learning Exchange for open space-practitioners in
January next year (see contact info in my signature)...there will be
50 of us with a german speaking polish colleague facilitating the
event.
He might be interested in the os-institute you are thinking of.
One initiative that is very supportive for the development of the
os-field is our Berlin open space cooperative (boscop) where 7 of us
meet regularly and work on joint projects (like the online
os-landscape for Berlin with 114 events mapping out the spread of os
just in this city).
Have a great holiday season
mmp

Incidentally, I started as a zoologist...seems that was a good
starting point....

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 08:58:24 +0100, Dominique Proudhon wrote:

>Good day all,
>
>I joined the OSlist a few days ago and have been lurking for a while. I
>am very impressed with the quality of the exchanges on this list and
>find myself drawn to participate. Several threads called my attention;
>in particular the one questioning the list itself (what are we doing?
>Aren't we loosing our spirit, Should we split?) -I find these
>conversations very healthy. And also the one about Civil Conversation,
>which resonates with an old questioning of mine around ways to implement
>real participative democracy - I am dreaming of initiating some real
>debate around the question "what world do we chose to build for
>tomorrow?". I believe we humans are caught up in our own contradictions:
>after centuries of evolving faster and faster technically, and having
>more transformative power than ever, we are now facing the essential
>question of  Meaning: How do we participate in the world and to what
>end? What is our responsibility in regard to what is happening in our
>world? Especially all the "not so nice" little things like irreversible
>destruction of earth resources, loss of entire species, wars and weapon
>builders, starving, and all that noisy ongoing disconnected stupidity on
>our tv and radio shows that take people away from being.  I believe that
>for the first time, we, at least in "developed" countries, have won the
>freedom to look beyond simply working for survival, to ask ourselves:
>how do I want to also make this place a little better?
>
>Anyway. I'll stop here for today. My goal was actually to introduce
>myself:
>I am French and leave in Grenoble. After a PhD in molecular/cellular
>biology and 6 years of research. I decided to do something else with my
>life and moved to human resources development. I actually did that
>career move in the US: I lived 10 years in North Carolina. I wanted to
>understand why people so often get into conflicts because of "films"
>they make in their heads that have little to do with reality. I wanted
>to find ways to work on re-establishing lost connections, especially in
>the workplace, where they could serve common projects and goals. I
>trained with Will Schutz, originator of the Human Element, became a
>mediator, trained in various psychometric tools and got to work with
>various groups. Two years ago, just before I came back to France, I
>bought a book that called my attention: Open Space Technology, a user's
>guide. I read it in the plane. It was one of those "ha ha": I found
>something I was looking for. A piece of extreme simplicity that called
>on very ecological principles to set the stage for real connection
>between people and for meaning to happen. On top of that, this approach
>was shared openly without any bind, just as a gift to humanity, which
>seduced me even more...  I decided to try it as soon as I would get the
>opportunity, here, in France. Starting a new business as a group
> [...]

Noch 4 Plätze zu vergeben zur 3. Lernwerkstatt für open space-BegleiterInnen vom 25. bis 28. Januar 2004 in Vlotho. Jetzt anmelden   www.michaelmpannwitz.de/o_lernwerkstatt2004.htm

Michael M Pannwitz, boscop
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany
FON: +49 - 30-772 8000   FAX: +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelMpannwitz.de
www.openspace-landschaft.de