outcomes and one-off OSTs and OSLIST

Michael Herman mherman at globalchicago.net
Sun Dec 7 23:13:04 PST 2003

friends and friends,

just catching up with all of this.  wonderful!  and
remembering that the user's non-guide was compiled from what
we did two years ago, nov/dec and half of jan.  noticing
that things have over the last year gotten pretty thin in
spots.  seems we even had a few postings of "tap tap tap...
is this thing on?"  this year we also had our first ever
list failures when the whole thing went down.  so there is
some sort of wave, rhythm and flow to this all.  and nov/dec
seems to be doing its magic again.  the pulsation from
niceness to challenging tones, thin to deep postings, few to
many voices, talk and results, and so many other
oscillations is the real fruit of practice.  i love this
thread because we seem to be embodying so richly that which
we are all out in the world inviting others to become.  yum!

...and while i'm in a pattern mode, i'll just add that i see
  the long history of the list cycling from essence and
beginning, passion for transformation, purpose of having
easier meetings... to talking about gathering stories of how
ost was used in this org or that one, explaining this ost
stuff to different clients... then to talking about how it
could be structured differently and about all the different
hybrid sorts of forms we developed... and finally to
practice, peace, measurment and results.  this flow follows
the quadrant story i've translated from ken wilber and
angeles arrien some years ago and is also not uncommon, as
i've seen a number of other groups step naturally through
the same seasons, without planning or design.  none of which
is particularly important... but it really has me wondering
what will happen when our center of conversational mass
comes back to purpose and passion, why we do what we do and
how do we continue to invite others into this practice.
seems to me that we are gathering speed, as well, so that
the wait might not be long!  and perhaps some of this talk
about followup, what to do after the event, how to open a
space in the everyday heart of organization, is the seed of
that next season for us here.  and of course, whenever and
whatever apply to this as much as anything!

the links to the articles i refer to are here, just in case
anybody cares to have a(nother) look...
http://www.globalchicago.net/wiki/wiki.cgi?InvitingOrganizationEmerges
http://www.globalchicago.net/wiki/wiki.cgi?OpenSpaceTech/InvitingOrganizationAddendum

so like ashley says, back to the show...

michael

--

Michael Herman
Michael Herman Associates