outcomes and one-off OSTs and OSLIST

Ashley Cooper ashcooper at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 3 12:45:27 PST 2003

mmm...mmmm... delicious discussion! i'll turn down an ally for a moment and follow lisa's invitation to indulge my earlier inquiry!

i know that this list and community has played and plays a very important role for many people at various points in their and its life. it is so wonderful hearing and feeling all of the appreciation people hold for that which is shared here. ever since i joined, i have enjoyed and been fascinated by the pulse of this list (i think in a previous post i referred to its breath). To me, this list communicates openly in written form and equally as powerfully in witnessing and space holding form. as i watch the visible interactions changing, i think about Winston's words "perhaps it is just that it serves (sic) its current users... You know what they say, whoever comes is the right people... and the law..." Where i am curious, however, is that people still come even though the content seems to be boring some individuals or quieting some of the voices. to me, to be bored with a place while continuing to visiting it, says the connection is there but something minor may be missing.

i ponder if this space feels safe for all that are connected. from the responses that have been shared...it seems pretty safe and enriching!! a question that arose in my own head was the safety of the list for people to explore and risk being "wrong" (which in reality is just an opportunity to learn something new, no?). It is my trust and deep sense in the strength of this community and the richness of content and support that it provides for its members, that encouraged me to release my dead moose inquiry. Recently i've been pondering (thanks for lighting the fire, chris) the ability for constructive criticism or negative feedback to surface on an online community. in my own life i practice taking risks and chancing making mistakes. the fruits of my learning nourish my growth. i definitely prefer to bless a pile of food and feast joyously!

so, perhaps my inquiry was my own attempts to reiterate what a wonderful resource this community is and invite others to share their own joys and/or difficulties.  thank you all for giving me the opportunity to explore my curiosities!

and now back to the show...

sincerely,
ashley